Are you about to negotiate a sports, entertainment , or employment contract? You may already know that contract negotiations are financially and legally complicated, so how would you know if you're getting a fair deal?
One of the smartest steps you can take to gain an edge in contract talks is to hire an entertainment attorney. A contract lawyer can use proven negotiation strategies to secure the best possible terms. Your attorney can help you avoid mistakes such as being too aggressive during negotiations, or accepting an offer that is lower than the industry standard.
Your contract attorney can also research the other side's interests and position to find strong negotiation points. But how do you know if your attorney is worth the fee?
Here are three steps you should take before committing to an entertainment lawyer:
- Ask about the contract attorney's experience;
- Visit the attorney's website;
- And schedule a consultation.
- Ask about the Contract Lawyer's Experience
You should find an attorney who has experience in contract negotiations. Attorneys who practice in multiple areas of law may not have the same knowledge and experience as those who specialize in contract negotiations. Try to find an entertainment lawyer who has successfully handled cases that are similar to yours.
- Visit the Attorney's Website
A pretty website does not necessarily mean that an attorney provides reliable representation. However, your lawyer's website should list important credentials, which may include:
- Years of experience practicing law;
- Years of experience negotiating sports and entertainment contracts;
- And the results of past contract negotiations.
- Schedule a Consultation
Contract negotiations are high-stakes mattes, and it is important that you are certain your attorney will represent your interests, answer your phone calls and give your case the individual attention that it deserves. You will learn a lot about the lawyer's professionalism during the initial consultation.
Be prepared with a list of questions, which should include:
- Have you successfully handled similar cases? How many have you handled? What were the outcomes?
- Will you or another attorney be handling my case?
- How do you charge?
- Have you ever been sanctioned for or accused of misconduct as an attorney?
- Will there be a conflict of interest?
- What negotiation strategy would you use?
- How should I contact you? Are you available 24 hours a day?
If you are looking for an experienced contract lawyer in Redlands, California to handle your contract negotiations, contact Eric D. Anderson Law, Ltd.. Our lawyers have the knowledge and resources to help you secure fair terms.
We will help you avoid signing away access to key revenue streams and important rights. Call 909-283-5494 today to schedule a consultation.